Below is a picture of the ECP5 we tried to have placed on rev A of Titan by a local CM. Recently during normal handling, it just fell off of the board. This could be good news if the balls are in good shape.
Unfortunately it is a little hard to tell at present. While pondering if I should try to get a better look by cleaning the flux I ran across this discussion.
It was interesting to observe the two different layers of solder flux. Here is a picture after the initial cleaning.
After carefully scalding my fingers in some mild detergent, we get a better look.
This ball appears to be the only one that actually soldered.
So, it looks like we have a pretty good shot at using this part on another board.
Stay tuned for updates.